Crystal would rather me not post this, but it's funny.
I have to preface this story with something embarrassing about Crystal. Whenever we have a meal with a sauce, she will indulge herself and lick the entire plate clean. I guess it makes it easier when the dishes get washed!
Eden has been improving her etiquette and eating food off of a plate instead of the table on her high chair. In the past she has smashed food on her table and thrown food to the floor. It has been making meal cleanup easier.
We were at the dinner table a few nights ago and the kids were near the end of the meal. Kaitlyn and Riley were starting to mess around by banging their plates on the table. Crystal told them to knock it off and be a good example for Eden. As little kids do, they watch the older kids and copy. The last thing we want is for Eden to use her plate to make messes even bigger. At the same moment Crystal was chastising the kids, Eden picked up her plate and was licking it clean, just like her mommy does. I turned to Crystal and thanked her for being an example too!
Polar Plunge 2026
6 months ago
5 comments:
I am slightly embarrassed by this post. In my defense, I really only do this with my ice cream bowl. Adam better watch what he does, I'm out for revenge.
HA HA sounds like war :)
I usually wipe the sauce with extra bread. I think your way is better. Saves you from the extra calories:)
Jason uses a fork, but tries to get every last drop off of his plate. ;) I think it's hilarious! I'm so glad that Adam shared this. Oh Crystal, I just love you.
I don't think I've every actually done that (at least not since being a kid). Now I'm curious to do it too.
Hancey, I didn't know you had a blog!!! How fun! I also love that you have links to lots of mission buddies that have blogs that I didn't know about (like Macgoffin and Padovich, etc). How have you been? Are you going to Slovenija in October for the 20 year reunion? That's a hilarious story about your wife and how your daughter imitated her. Kids are such little sponges and soak up and observe everything we do. Anyways, I'm glad to know you have a blog so I can keep up with you and your ADORABLE family! :)
Post a Comment